JOIN US & INVEST IN YOURSELF
Benefits of a workplace wellness program
A U.S. Department of Health and Human Services report1 revealed that at worksites with exercise programs as components of their wellness programs, healthcare costs decreased from 75 to 55%, short-term sick leave was lowered from 38 to 32%, and productivity increased from 50 to 52%.
Researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who studied successful strategies to prevent cardiovascular disease estimated that over a 2-5 year period, companies with comprehensive workplace wellness programs and appropriate health plans in place can yield $3 to $6 for each dollar invested, all while reducing the likelihood of employee heart attacks and strokes.2
Additionally, worksite health programs can improve productivity, increase employee satisfaction, demonstrate concern for employees, and improve morale in the workplace.31. https://aspe.hhs.gov/health/prevention/ 2. Reducing the Risk of Heart Disease and Stroke, https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/library/toolkit/pdfs/six_step_guide.pdf, Centers for Disease Control. 3. Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise: The Fundamentals of Workplace Health Promotion. Wellness Council of America.
Focusing employee health efforts on primary prevention and risk avoidance will keep the majority of your workforce (and their dependents) low risk and healthy. Many health risks are modifiable through Wellness Programs. Risk is not static… without preventative programs, even your low-risk employees can migrate to high-risk within one year.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
Some Alarming Statistics…
• One third of US adults are obese. 17% of children between 2 and 7 are obese.
• The total cost of diagnosed diabetes in the US exceed $245 billion, resulting in $69 billion in reduced productivity.
• Annual health care spending increased from $75 billion in 1970 to $2 trillion in 2005; by 2015, annual spending is estimated to reach $4 trillion.
Wellness Program Impact…
• Companies gain an average of $5.81 for every $1 invested in Corporate Wellness Programs.
• Wellness Programs reduce sick leave absenteeism by 27%, health care costs by 26% and workers comp/disability management claim costs by 32%.
Sources: Business Weekly, Wellness Programs 2013, CDC 2012, American Institute for Preventative Medicine 2012, American Diabetes Association 2013
CORPORATE MEMBER BENEFITS
- 10-20% Off monthly membership fees based on company participation level
- Free Group Exercise classes
- Free Get Started Program (2 sessions)
- Unlimited access to facility
- Discounts on adult and youth programs and sports leagues
Contact Risa Sabus at 307-234-9187 or email@example.com to discuss corporate membership opportunities.
FACILITY HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Field House (double gym with walking track around outside)
- LifeFitness Equipment featuring Personal TV Monitors with Direct TV
- LifeFitness Strength Equipment
- Family Fitness Zone
- Indoor Walking Track
- 2 Pools (Family Pool and Lap Pool)
- Hot tub on pool deck
- Steam room in Men's and Women's Locker Rooms
Maintain a minimum of 5 memberships to receive the discounted rate
Make this benefit part of your new employee packet or orientation