Honoring the Y’s core values
Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility – the YMCA of Natrona County provides a quality experience for players, coaches and families that promotes the development of each athlete to reach their highest potential through skill refinement, teamwork and sportsmanship. Youth learn new skills, make new friends and set individual and team goals, all the while improving self-confidence, promoting diversity and increasing self-esteem.
2021 Sports Calendar
Register For Youth Sports Now
Registration: March 8-28
Practice starts the week of April 12
Ages: K-6th Grades
Got Game? Hit the hardwood with the folks who invented the game – the Y! Emphasis is on teaching the values of good sportsmanship, teamwork, goal setting and skill development in a fun, esteem-promoting atmosphere. Kids will have the opportunity to learn the basic volleyball fundamentals such as underhand serving, passing and setting in a non-competitive environment.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are allowing 2 spectators per participant at both practices and games. In order to meet state and local guidelines we have to limit the number of people in the field house.
- All players, staff and spectators school age and older are asked to wear face coverings. Players and refs are not required to wear face coverings while on the court.
- Restrooms are available for handwashing, hand sanitizer will be available and the Y will be sanitizing all equipment between practices and games.
- Additional COVID-19 information will be distributed to parents/guardians prior to the season beginning, and any changes will be communicated throughout the season.
Believing is the first step to being – At the Y, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential and live their best lives. The YMCA’s core values – Caring, Respect, and Responsibility – serve as our guide, helping our members and participants to be more healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Character Development gives us the ability to meet our mission. By holding ourselves accountable and building character around our core values, we connect all people to their potential, purpose and each other.
- Caring: show a sincere concern for others. Related values: compassion, forgiveness, generosity and kindness
- Honesty: Be truthful in what you say and do. Related values: integrity and fairness
- Respect: Treat each other as we’d all like to be treated. Related values: acceptance, empathy, self-respect and tolerance.
- Responsibility: Be accountable for your promises and action. Related values: commitment, courage, good health, service and citizenship.